Golden Rock -Sircarpalayam Tramway
The Golden Rock -Sircarpalayam Tramway was a 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) Tramway  from the South Indian Railway Golden Rock Station near Trichinopoly to the village of Sircarpalayam, 3 miles(5km) to the north.
The tramway, just over 2¾ miles(4.4km) long was opened in 1923 to carry materials to the water pumping station and for the transport of inspecting officials by trolley. The motive power for the line is not known. It was still in use in 1955.
The evidence of the route of the tramway is clearly seen on Google Earth search ‘Sircarpalayam’.
- Colonialism and modernisation;history and development of southern railway a case study by Saritha, S R, University of Kerala, 6-Nov-2013, Chapter IV, Page 133"; Retrieved 28 Aug 2016
- “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry TN38 page ....