H F Hancock
H F Hancock Lt.Col. Eng.
- 1872 Civil List, Bombay Public Works Department - Senior Deputy Consulting Engineer for Railways .
- 1879, Hancock Bridge, a road and pedestrian bridge over the Bombay mainline was first built in 1879, named after Colonel H. F. Hancock, who served as member and President of the then Bombay Municipal Corporation. The bridge was then rebuilt in 1923 and demolished in 2016 to be rebuilt while preserving some of its old structures .
An auction catalogue of 2014 describes a "Fascinating collection of 1920s militaria and mementos belonging to Lt. H. F. Hancock" with some photographs .
- Google Books "The Indian Army and Civil Service List - July 1872") Retrieved on 27 Jul 2016
- Wikipedia "Hancock Bridge, Mumbai" Retrieved on 27 Jul 2016
- The Saleroom Catalogue Lot No 612 Retrieved on 27 Jul 2016