The Hyderabad-Umarkot Railway was surveyed 1890 with James Richard Bell from Public Works Department(PWD) as Engineer-in-Chief . In this record Hyderabad is spelt Haidarabad.
Henry Bawn Addis and W. Wiseman, also from PWD were the Executive Engineers.
The railway from Hyderabad to Shadipalli, 55 miles(88km), was opened in 1892 and originally constructed as a broad gauge(BG) line.
This section was converted to metre gauge(MG) in 1901 to form the Jodhpur-Hyderabad Railway(British Section) and provided a MG connection from Jodhpur to Hyderabad.
See Jodhpur-Hyderabad Railway
- ↑ Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 438 (pdf page 401) Retrieved on 23 May 2016
- ↑ “India Civil List” 1890, page 40/41