Indian Air Force
Records at British Library (London)
Many records are held amongst India Office records at British Library and can be identified by a search on the Archives and Manuscripts catalogue
Records at the National Archives of India
Also refer to the equivalent section on the Fibiwiki page Indian Army for some comments about applying for these records.
- Bharat Rakshak: Indian Air Force includes
- The Mumblings of Edward Sparkes Contents page Flt Lt Edward D S N Sparkes was in the RAF and arrived in India in the latter part of 1943 in the chapter Ashore in Bombay. He subsequently joined X Squadron Royal Indian Air Force and served in Burma until he was invalided back to England in 1945
- ww2images photostream with Tags –India flickr.com. Mainly images of aircraft.
- Royal Indian Air Force in WW2 - Lots of Rare Pics Post from militaryphotos.net
Historical books online
- Flight International Magazine Collection at Archive.org, which is Searchable as a Collection. Flight International (or Flight) is a global aerospace weekly publication produced in the UK. Founded in 1909 as "A Journal devoted to the Interests, Practice, and Progress of Aerial Locomotion and Transport". It is the world's oldest continuously published aviation news magazine. Contains pages relating to “Service Aviation”. Online volumes from 1909 to 1934. Missing January-June 1933.
- An Archive of online volumes to 2005 was previously available on the FlightGlobal website until the introduction of a new website format c 11 December 2019. It is stated that it will return, but is not available currently (19 Dec. 2020). An archived version of FlightGlobal Archive is available on the Wayback Machine of the Internet Archive (Archive.org), but it is unclear how much of the content is accessible. This journal is available at the British Library UIN: BLL01012093219 1909-1961 and UIN: BLL01009542778 from 1962, and also at the Royal Air Force Museum.
- "Allied Forces in Empire Lands and Allied Countries: India" Flight Magazine February 23, 1939 pages 188-190. Currently not available.