Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Altitude:||553 m (1,814 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
Indore was the principal city of the Indian State of the same name, situated within Central India.
The cantonment of Mhow was located thirteen miles south west of Indore.
- Indore Heritage, a presentation by Dr Uma Shashi Sharma, Mayor, City of Indore Municipal Corporation Indore. Page 16 of the pdf contains a photograph of St. Anne’s Church in Indore, now known as the White Church, which was built in 1858. There are also photographs of Daly College
- Photograph: St Anne’s Church Indore flickr.com
- Daly College (Wikipedia) was founded in 1880 as a School for sons of Chiefs of the Central Indian Princely States and was named after Sir Henry Daly who was the motivating force in establishing the School
Historical books online
- "Indore City" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 13, page 349.
- Central India State Gazetteer Series. Compliled by Captain C E Luard, Superintendent of Gazetteer in Central India.This series includes
- Indore State Gazetteer Volume II Text and Tables 1908. Archive.org, Digital Library of India Collection.
- Madhya Pradesh District Gazetteers: Indore 1971 Google Books