The first Arms Manufacturing facility on the site was a gunpowder factory, which was started in 1787 and began production in 1791. In 1904, a Rifle Factory was established at Ishapore, and began production of the Lee-Enfield rifle.
Ishapore, Ichapore, Ichapur
- Ichapore Wikipedia
- Ishapore Rifle Factory Wikipedia
- "Working at the Ichapur Gunpowder Factory in the 1790s (Part I)" by Jan Lucassen International Institute of Social History, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Indian Historical Review 39 (2012-1) 19-56, archived page.
- "Working at the Ichapur Gunpowder Factory in the 1790s (Part II)" by Jan Lucassen Indian Historical Review December 2012 39 (2): 251-271, archived page.
- Rifle Factory Ishapore : History
- Metal & Steel Factory Ishapore msf.gov.in, archived webpage.
- Ishapore .303 Enfield barry-lewis.com
- Enfield Rifles from Ishapore from Enfield-Stuff.com, now an archived website.
- Ishapore MkIII* allaboutenfields.co.nz, now archived.
Historical books online
- Sketch of the mode of manufacturing gunpowder at the Ishapore mills in Bengal by William Anderson 1862 Archive.org
- Ishapore page 8 A Traveler's Tale : Memories of India by Enid Saunders Candlin 1974. Archive.org Books to Borrow/Lending Library. The author’s husband was a metallurgist/chemical engineer who worked for the Inspectorate of Armaments in ordnance factories at Ishapore and Ambernath (Bombay Presidency) 1941-46, having been transferred from Hong Kong.
- Thread from Sword Forum, archived page, 1927 RFI MKII Kukri with images.
- The 20th Century British Military Gurkha Issue Kukri [with images] by Spiral 1 February 2015. ikrhs.com