The first Arms Manufacturing facility on the site was a gunpowder factory, which was started in 1787 and began production in 1791. In 1904, a Rifle Factory was established at Ishapore, and began production of the Lee-Enfield rifle.
Ishapore, Ichapore, Ichapur
- Ichapore Wikipedia
- Ishapore Rifle Factory Wikipedia
- "Working at the Ichapur Gunpowder Factory in the 1790s (Part I)" by Jan Lucassen International Institute of Social History, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Indian Historical Review 39 (2012-1) 19-56
- Working at the Ichapur Gunpowder Factory in the 1790s (Part II) Indian Historical Review December 2012 39: 251-271 is available free only as an abstract
- Rifle Factory Ishapore : History
- Metal & Steel Factory Ishapore
- Ishapore .303 Enfield barry-lewis.com
- Enfield Rifles from Ishapore from Enfield-Stuff.com, now an archived website.
- Ishapore MkIII* allaboutenfields.co.nz
Historical books online
- Sketch of the mode of manufacturing gunpowder at the Ishapore mills in Bengal by William Anderson 1862 Archive.org
- Thread from Sword Forum 1927 RFI MKII Kukri with images. Images are also available on Photobucket
- The 20th Century British Military Pattern Gurkha Issue Kukri by Jonathan R S. Sword Forum