Jagadhri Light Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Jagadhri Light Railway was a privately owned enterprise (by the Raja family of Jagadhri ) named the "Jagadhri Light Railway Company Limited ".

The 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) line opened in 1911 between the mainline railway station at Jagadhri(Yamunanagar) to Matka Chowk (Gaushala) in old Jagadhri town , a distance of 3 miles(5 km). [1] [2]

The line closed in 1950 when it stopped operations.

References