Joseph Harrison (1826-1899)
Railway Achievements in India
- Scinde Railway and Punjab Railway, both divisions of Scinde Railway Company, c.1860. Engineer-in-chief .
- Delhi Railway, division of Scinde Railway Company, c.1864. Chief Engineer resident in India responsible for construction using Brassey & Co, Railway Contractors .
- Scinde, Punjaub & Delhi Railway, 1870. Change of company name.
- Scinde, Punjaub & Delhi Railway, 1875. Retired 
"Mr. Harrison held the appointment of Engineer-in-chief for fifteen years, and during that time carried out works of great magnitude and difficulty. He was highly esteemed and thoroughly trusted by the company, and at a time when the office of General Agent became vacant they indicated their confidence by proposing that he should accept that important post. Thus for some years he carried on successfully the responsible work of General Manager of the railway in addition to the heavy duties of Engineer-in-chief. Finding his health failing after fifteen years of service in a trying climate he resigned his position in 1875, and returning to England retired from further practice of the profession" .
- Grace's Giude "Joseph Harrison"; Retrieved 1 Mar 2018
- Google Books “Life and Labours of Thomas Brassey” by Arthur Helps; pages 148-149; Retrieved 1 Mar 2018