Jubbulpore City Water Supply Construction Tramway
The Central Provinces Public Works Department were responsible for the project to supply water to Jubbulpore City. A dam and reservoir were built 5 miles(8km) from the city from which water was piped to the city. Work commenced in 1881 and it was officially opened on 23 Feb 1883 .
Stone for the dam was obtained from a nearby quarry and a tramway with sidings was laid between the quarry and the dam to transport the stone. The records show the purchase of Wagons and track of unknown gauge. It is likely that the tramway was either human or animal powered 
- “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry MP27 page ....