Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Present Day Details|
Mirpurkhas was the headquarters of Thar and Parkar District from 1906.
- Mirpur Khas
- 1911: 4,856
The following officials resided in the town after it became the headquarters.
- Assistant Collector
- Deputy Collector
- District Superintendent of Police
- Executive Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Deputy Director of Agriculture
- Resident Magistrate
Churches and missions
- Church Mission School
- Railway School for sons of employees
- Hudson Library (1915). Built with private subscription of Rs. 4,000/-
- Mirpur Khas Gazette (circulation 600)
Hospitals, Dispensaries and Veterinary Dispensaries
- Dispensary convertible into Hospital (1913). Intended to ultimately become a Civil Hospital.
- Veterinary dispensary (1913) by the District Local Board
- Mirpurkhas was a junction on the British section of the Jodhpur-Hyderabad Railway. In 1909, a metre gauge branchline was constructed southwards to Jhudo; a branch also ran north to Khadro.
- Smyth J. W. "Gazetter of the Province of Sind Volume VI Thar and Parkar District," Bombay 1919. Reprinted by Sang-e-Meel, Lahore 2005.