The North-Western Provinces was a province of British India between 1836 and 1902. It succeeded the Ceded and Conquered Provinces and, as the Agra Province, made up most of the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh that replaced the North-Western Provinces in 1902.
Historical books online
- History of services of gazetted officers employed under the government of the N.-W.P. and Oudh. Corrected up to 1st Jan., 1881. Compiled in the Govt. Sectt., N-.W.P. and Oudh, Allahabad. 1881 Archive.org Index
- Supplement to the Glossary of Indian Terms: A-J by Henry M Elliot, Bengal Civil Service, 1845 Google Books. Also known as Supplemental Glossary of Terms Used in the North Western Provinces
- Kutcherry technicalities, or, Vocabulary of law terms, as used in the moffusil courts N.W.P. by Patrick Carnegy 1853 Google Books
- Notes on the North-Western Provinces of India by Charles Raikes 1852 Google Books
- Notes on the Revolt in the North-Western Provinces of India by Charles Raikes 1858 Google Books
- Records of the Intelligence Department of the Government of the North-West Provinces of India during the Mutiny of 1857 arranged by Sir William Muir 1902 Archive.org Volume 1, Volume 2
- The Annals of Indian Administration, edited by Meredith Townsend and later George Smith. Selected extracts from the Records of the Indian, Bengal, Madras Bombay, NWP, and Punjab and perhaps other Governments. Google Books. Many additional volumes up to Volume 19 1873-74 may be viewed online on the Digital Library of India website.
- Selections from the Records of Government, North-Western Provinces. Volume III, 1867 Google Books
- Report on the Administration of the N.-W. Provinces for the year 1867-68 1868 Google Books
- Bradshaw's Hand-book to the Bengal Presidency, and Western Provinces of India 1860 Google Books
- Bradshaw's Hand-book to the Bombay Presidency and North-Western Provinces of India 1864 Google Books
- Memoirs on the History, Folk-Lore, and Distribution of the Races of the North Western Provinces of India; being an Amplified Edition of the Original Supplemental Glossary of India Terms by the late Henry M. Elliot 1869 Google Books Volume I, Volume II, Index
- North-Western Provinces: Historical and Statistical Memoir of the Ghazeepoor District by Wilton Oldham
- Part I 1870 Google Books Part II- History of Ghazeepoor and the Benares Province from 1781 A.D. to 1795 A.D 1876 Archive.org
- The Himalayan Districts of the North Western Provinces of India Volumes I, II and III by Edwin T Atkinson published 1882, 1884, 1886 as Volumes X, XI, XII of Statistical, descriptive and historical account of the North-Western Provinces of India Volume I/Volume X, Volume II/Volume XI,Volume III/Volume XII Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek
- The Himalayan Gazetteer or the Himalayan Districts of the North Western Provinces of India by Edwin T Atkinson in 3 Volumes (6 Parts) is available, in a reprint edition. Covers the regions of Kumaon and Garhwal. This area is now the state of Uttarakhand. Volume 1, part 1 Contents digital page 12; Volume 1, part 2 Contents dp 12, Index dp 536; Volume 2, part 1 Contents dp18; Volume 2, part 2 Contents dp 16 Index dp 458, includes History of the British in the area; Volume 3, part 1 Contents dp 10 Place names A-J; Volume 3, part 2 Contents dp 8 Place names K-Z. Vol. 1, Part 1 (handle/2015/95851); Vol. 1, Part 2 (handle/2015/97345); Vol. 2, Part 1 (handle/2015/95852); Vol. 2, Part 2 (handle/2015/96527); Vol. 3, Part 1 (handle/2015/95853); Vol. 3, Part 2 (handle/2015/95854). Additional files are available for Volume 3.
- Originally from the Digital Library of India. with mirror versions on Archive.org for Himalayan Gazetteer. If you have problems locating the above volumes, use the final number as a search term, example 2015.95851
- Industry and Industrial Arts series of Monographs Pdf downloads, Digital Repository of GIPE Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics [Pune]. Also Archive.org.
- Monograph on the Brass and Copper Wares of the North-Western Provinces and Oudh by G R Dampier 1894
- Monograph on Cotton Fabrics produced in the North-Western Provinces and Oudh by C A Silberrad 1898
- Monograph on Woollen Fabrics in the North-Western Provinces and Oudh by A W Pim 1898
- Monograph on Silk Fabrics produced in the North-Western Provinces and Oudh by A Yusuf Ali 1900
- A Monograph on Ivory Carving in the North-Western Provinces and Oudh by L M Stubbs (Lawrence Morley), ICS. 1900. Archive.org.