Prince Consort's Library
The Prince Consort’s Library, the military specialist library of the Army Library Service, is located in Aldershot, Hampshire, England.
Members of the public may visit this library for research purposes provided they make an appointment prior to visiting.
The Library contains a large number of pre Independence Indian Army, and British Army regimental histories, which members of the public may access for research purposes.
Contact details (current at January 2014):
- Mr Tim Ward, Head of Library and Information Services
- Prince Consort's Library
- Knollys Road, Aldershot, GU11 1PS
- Tel Mil 94222 5090 | Civ 01252 340090
- Fax Mil 94222 5096 | Civ 01252 340096
- email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Disabled access is "extremely difficult" because the Prince Consort's Library is a Victorian building with lots of steps and stairs.
Opening Hours: Mon-Thurs 0830-1700 hrs, Friday 0830-1630 hrs. 
As the Library appears to be located in an Army base, a security pass for yourself and car may be required, which may take time to arrange. Enquire when arranging your appointment.
The library is stated to be closed for renovation c mid 2018-2019.
Other libraries in Aldershot
The public library in Aldershot has a good Military Collection.
- Prince Consort's Library Wikipedia (retrieved 6 May 2014)
- Prince Consort Library YouTube video (retrieved 6 May 2014)
- Photograph: Prince Consort Library, Aldershot (Interior)] flickr.com (retrieved 6 May 2014)
- Prince Consort's Library, Knollys Road, Aldershot victorianweb.org
- Prince Consort Library, Aldershot britishlistedbuildings.co.uk. With links to Maps.