The Pulgaon-Arvi Railway was 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line owned by Central Provinces Railway Co Ltd(CPR). The line opened in 1917 connecting Pulgaon to Arvi, a line length of 22 miles(35km). 
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/19/1434 “Central Provinces Railways Company Limited, Contract for construction and working of the Pulgaon-Arvi Railway supplemental to contract dated 27th March 1916 for construction of the Ellichpur-Murtajapur-Yeotmal Railway; 1917"
- L/F/8/19/1440 “Great Indian Peninsula Railway, Contract for working maintenance and management of the Pulgaon-Arvi Railway; 1918"