Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line of route|
|Burdwan to Katwa|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||33 miles|
|1915||Opened to traffic|
|1915||McLeod's Light Railways|
|1966||Eastern Railway (IR zone)|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Burdwan-Katwa Railway (BKR) was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line, 33 miles(54km), owned by the Burdwan-Katwa Railway Company. The railway was built and operated as part of McLeod's Light Railways(McLR), opening to traffic on 01 December 1915. 
The ‘Statistics of Working’ show the year-by-year financial results from 1913-14 through to 1936-37 .
Indian Railway Classification of 1926 - Class III railway system.
In 1966, ownership of the BKR, together with its sister line, the Ahmadpur-Katwa Railway, was transferred to a zone of Indian Railways, Eastern Railway, which continues to operate the BKR as a narrow-gauge operation.
- ↑ " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 220; Retrieved 31 Jan 2016
- ↑ US Archive .org pdf download of ‘History Of Indian Railways, constructed and in progress’, 31 March 1937 by ‘The Government of India - Railway Department’ page 271 pdf 314; Retrieved 30 Jul 2020