Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also known as Jacob's Rifles.
- 1858 raised by Major John Jacob as Jacob's Rifles
- 1861 became 30th Regiment of Bombay Native Infantry (Jacob's Rifles)
- 1881 became 30th Bombay Native Infantry
- 1888 became 30th Bombay Infantry
- 1903 became 30th Baluchis (Jacob's Rifles)
- 1910 became 130th Baluchis (Jacob's Rifles)
- 1914-18 became 130th King George's Own Baluchis (Jacob's Rifles)
- Between World Wars became 130th King George's Own Baluchis - 5th Bn (King George's Own) (Jacobs Rifles) 10th Baluch Regiment.
- 1945 became The Baluch Regiment
- 1947 alloted to Pakistan
- FIBIS Gallery: Personal Collection of Lt Col Ron O'Brien, Indian Army 10th Baluch Regiment from c 1928 including Jacob's Rifles.
- Names of 30th Bombay NI killed at Maiwand, 27 July 1880, a list of those killed at the Battle of Maiwand.
- 130th Baluchis (Jacob's Rifles) British Empire website
- 130th Baluchis Wikipedia
- 10th Baluch Regiment Wikipedia
- The Baloch Regiment Wikipedia
- 10th Baluch Regiment Defence Journal Karachi June 1999, now archived. Probably an extract from Sons Of John Company by John Gaylor
- History of The Baloch Regiment 1820-1939 The Colonial Period Defence Journal Karachi October 2000, now archived.
- History of The Baloch Regiment 1939-1956 Defence Journal Karachi November 2000, now archived.
- "Operations in Mekran 1898-1902" by Harry Fecitt from “Harry’s Sideshows” kaiserscross.com
- "The Advance into German East Africa. Indian Army Units in Action, March to mid-June 1916 " by Harry Fecitt from “Harry's Africa,” kaiserscross.com . Includes the 130th Baluchis.