21st Regiment of Punjab Infantry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 21st Punjabis
- 1857 raised as 9th Regiment of Punjab Infantry from loyal elements of the 3rd and 6th Punjab Infantry
- 1861 became 21st Bengal Native Infantry
- 1864 became 21st (Punjab) Bengal Native Infantry
- 1885 became 21st (Punjab) Bengal Infantry
- 1901 became 21st Punjab Infantry
- 1903 became 21st Punjabis
- 1922 became 10th/14th Punjab Regiment
- 1947 allocated to Pakistan on Partition
First World War
Details of War Diaries available at the National Archives, Kew, UK
- 1st Battalion 21st Punjabis, Indian collaborativecollections.org. War Diaries show two Theatres of War: Egypt, Palestine and Syria; Salonika, Black Sea and South Russia.
- 2nd Battalion 21st Punjabis, Indian. collaborativecollections.org. War Diary shows Theatre of War India /Waziristan Force.
- 21st Punjabis Wikipedia
- 14th Punjab Regiment Wikipedia
- 14th Punjab Regiment, an extract from John Gaylor's book Sons of John Company. Defence Journal Karachi August 1999, now archived.
- 14th Punjab Regiment Burma Star Association
- Pakistan: The Punjab Regiment to 1957 by Babur Mahmood September 1, 2002 orbat.com, now archived.
Historical books online
- "Despatch from General Sir G.F. Milne Commanding in Chief, the Army of The Black Sea dated 11 August 1920" The London Gazette Supplement Publication date: 7 January 1921 Supplement: 32184 Pages: 159-175. From the date of the signature of the Armistice with Turkey to the date of the signature of the Turkish Peace Treaty (10th August 1020). Indian Army regiments mentioned: 28th Light Cavalry, 19th Punjabis, 1/21st Punjabis, 1/25th Punjabis and 1/54th Sikhs.
- Also see Norperforce