5th Mahratta Light Infantry
The 5th Mahratta Light Infantry was formed in 1922 by the amalgamation of six existing regiments and consisted of five regular battalions and a training battalion. Further Battalions were formed during the Second World War.
On allocation to India in 1947, it was renamed the 5th Maratha Light Infantry
- 1st Battalion: see 103rd Mahratta Light Infantry
- 2nd Battalion: see 105th Mahratta Light Infantry
- 3rd Battalion: see 110th Mahratta Light Infantry
- 4th Battalion: see 116th Mahrattas
- 5th Battalion: see 117th Mahrattas
- 10th (Training) Battalion: see 114th Mahrattas
- 5th Mahratta Light Infantry Wikipedia
Historical books online
- Valour Enshrined Pdf download, Digital Library of India. Archive.org version. Full title: Valour enshrined. A history of the Maratha Light Infantry, 1768-1947 by M.G. Abhyankar [Volume1], published 1971. (There was a second volume published, by C.L. Proudfoot in 1980, covering the period 1947-1979). The DLI file appears to be a reprint edition which advises first published 1960, but this date is not correct for this book.