15th Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
(Redirected from 75th Carnatic Infantry)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 15th Regiment of Madras Native Infantry in the Madras Army
Known as 75th Carnatic Infantry in the Indian Army
- 1776 raised as 15th Carnatic Battalion from 2nd, 6th and 12th Carnatic Battalions
- 1784 became 15th Madras Battalion
- 1796 became 2nd Battalion, 4th Madras Native Infantry
- 1824 became 15th Regiment of Madras Native Infantry
- 1885 became 15th Madras Infantry
- 1903 became 75th Carnatic Infantry
- 1922 became 2nd/3rd Madras Regiment
- 1926 disbanded
- 1940 re-formed.
- Madras Regiment Wikipedia
- 3rd Madras Regiment Wikipedia
- 75th Carnatic Infantry British Empire website
- 2nd Battalion, The Madras Regiment madrasregiment.org
- Page 53 Valour and Sacrifice: Famous Regiments of the Indian Army by Gautam Sharma Google Books
- "The British Campaign in Aden, 1914-1918" by Mark Connelly Journal of the Centre for First World War Studies Vol. 1, No. 3, 2005. pages 65-96, now an archived webpage. Includes brief mention of the 75/Carnatics.
Historical books online
- Madras Infantry 1748-1943 by Lt.-Col. EG Phythian-Adams, late 3rd Madras Regiment published 1943 is available to read online on the Digital Library of India website, in TIFF format, and as pdf downloads. Two files are available, barcode 4990010018885 seems a more complete copy, pdf download. (2nd pdf download)
- The Madras Soldier 1746-1946 by Lt.-Col. E G Phythian-Adams. Revised and enlarged edition 1947 Archive.org.