|Present Day Details|
Bandikui is situated 187km north west of Delhi. It was located in Alwar State, now Rajasthan.
It was essentially a British township built by the early British railway men. The Delhi Bandikui line was opened in 1874, part of the Rajputan - Delhi Railway. It later became part of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway
There was a “beautiful railway colony with well kept bungalows, gardens & well trimmed hedges”, and a Railway Institute. Bandikui was one of those railway colonies on the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway whose Railway Institute dances were so well regarded that people would travel for up to six hours by train to attend.
In 1901, one of the companies of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway Regiment was located at Bandikui.
St Francis Roman Catholic Church, located near the railway station.. There was also a Protestant Church.
- Link to video: Bandikui’s St Francis church finally gets Rs 1 crore package from state c 2013 News 18 Rajasthan. Includes film of the church and grounds.
- Diocese of Jaipur St Francis of Assisi Church is one of the parishes of the Roman Catholic Jaipur Diocese.
- Diocese of Rajasthan Church of North India
Historical books online
- Alwar State Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 5, page 254.