Town spelling in 1855 'Barsee'; from about 1870 became 'Barsi'. Modern name 'Barshi'
Barsi Town  is given in the "Imperial Gazetteer of India"
The Barsee Tramway was proposed in 1862 to connect the town to the GIPR railway; the tramway which was to be bullock driven was not completed. The trackway was by 1870 being used as a road.
This is a temporary page
- Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 7, p. 88.); Retrieved 10 Jan 2017