Bilaspur-Etawa Provincial State Railway
The Bilaspur-Etawa Provincial State Railway was a section of Katni to Umaria of 37 miles (59km) was built in 1886 and called Katni-Umaria Provincial State Railway which was absorbed by the Bengal Nagpur Railway(BNR) on 1st January 1888.
This section was incorporated in BNR’s Katni branch when the line from Bilaspur to Katni of about 200 miles (320km) was completed in 1891. The line in 1901 was connected with Murwara Junction of Great India Peninsula Railway(GIPR) about half a mile further up from Katni. With this extension the railway track from Bilaspur was connected to Etawa and as such this line came to be known by name of Bilaspur-Etawa Provincial State Railway. 
- Keith Scholey "South Eastern Railway Indian Railway Notes" Footnote 12;Retrieved 10 Dec 2015