Bokharo Colliery Railway
The Bokharo Colliery Railway was connected to the East Indian Railway(EIR) network in 1916 with the construction of the ‘Jamuniatand Link Line EIR’ in 1916; this was a ‘joint’ line with a length of 2 miles(3.2km) from the EIR line at Khanoodih to meet the Bokharo Colliery Railway Railway .
The East Bokaro Coal Field, covering an area of 208 sq km, was developed first to supply the railways. The main source of coal, even to the present time, is the 21-23m thick Kargali seam. The Bokaro colliery was opened in 1917.  .
See East Indian Railway page
- “Administration Report on Railways 1918” page55 (pdf64); Retrieved 11 Nov 2016
- Google Books “Natural Resources in Tropical Countries” by Jin-Bee Ooi, page 145; Retrieved 11 Nov 2016