|Line of route|
|Cawnpore (Juhi/Govindpur Junction)
to Khairar Junction (Khirada)
|Gauge / mileage|
|Broad gauge||73 miles (1914)|
|1913 Apr||Juhi to Hamirpur Road section opened|
|1914 Jul||Hamirpur Road to Khirada opened|
|1913||Worked by Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway|
|1915 Apr||Worked by Great Indian Peninsula Railway|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Cawnpore-Banda Railway was a broad gauge(BG) line. The line from Cawnpore (Juhi / Govindpur Junction) opened in 1913 and reached Khairar Junction (Khirada) in 1914, a distance of 73 miles(116km). Khairir Junction is where the line joined the Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR) 5 miles(8km) from Banda.
The Cawnpore-Banda Railway was constructed and worked as a State line by the Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway(O&RR) up to the 31 March 1915. Thereafter the maintenance, management and working of the line was taken over by Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR) .
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/17/1353 “Great Indian Peninsula Railway Company, Contract for working the Cawnpore-Banda Railway”
This railway was worked by a State Railway and the following IOR records relating to Staff employment are held :-
- L/F/8/1-20 "Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"
- Z/L/F/8/1-2 "Index to Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"