Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Channel Islands include two Crown dependencies, Jersey and Guernsey.
Jersey particularly appears to have had retirees from India settle there.
Some retirees from India also settled in France.
- Channel Islands Wikipedia
- Jersey Genealogy FamilySearch Wiki
- Jersey Heritage: Archives & Collections Online. Includes Church records, Parish Registers, and wills for persons with connections to India. Download of an image requires either an annual subscription, or pay per view.
- Jerripedia, "a website sharing knowledge about Jersey's people, places and heritage". Part of TheIslandWiki, with links also to Donkipedia about Guernsey.
- Church records page, with link to transcribed records.
- Ancestry, a pay website includes Channel Islands Census records 1841-1911 and the following databases, part of "Birth, Marriage & Death"
- Channel Islands, Select Births and Baptisms, 1820-1907. These records appear to be mirror images of records from FamilySearch.
- Jersey, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1540-1812 from Jersey Archive
- Jersey, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1915 from Jersey Archive
- Jersey, Church of England Marriages, 1754-1940 from Jersey Archive
- Jersey, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1940 from Jersey Archive
- findmypast a pay website, includes
- databases consisting of transcribed index records from the Jerripedia database, refer above, titled Jersey Baptisms 1540-1915, Jersey Marriages 1542-1940, Jersey Burials 1541-1940.
- The Censuses for England and Wales include the Channel Islands.