Dandot Cement Factory Light Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Dandot Cement Factory Light Railway

The 'Dalmia Cement Ltd' established a cement works at Dandot in the Jhelum District in 1940. A 2ft/610mm narrow gauge(NG) was installed to carry limesone to the factory, the line used part of the route of the Dandot Light Railway [1].

The factory was connected to the broad gauge(BG) North Western Railway(NWR) network by a short branch line west of Khewara station. This line served the Khewra Salt Mines and had previosly served the Dandot Colliery, which had closed in 1911. See these pages for more information

References

  1. “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry PP18 page ....