Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hobson Jobson , for the glossary of Anglo Indian words compiled by Sir Henry Yule (1820-1889) and A C Burnell (1840-1882). It was first published in 1886
- Find the meaning of words used in India, a section of Miscellaneous tips
Historical books online
- The British Indian Monitor: Or the Antijargonist, Stranger's Guide, Oriental Linguist, and Various Other Works….on the Hindoostanee Language by John Borthwick Gilchrist. Volume I 1806, Volume II 1808. Google Books.
- Polyglot Munshi or vocabulary, exercises, pleasant stories, &c. &c. &c. in English, Persian, Hindi, Hindustani and Bengali: for the use of students both native and European by Debipersad Rae 1841. Heidelberg University Digital Repository South Asian Studies
- Supplement to the Glossary of Indian Terms: A-J by Henry M Elliot, Bengal Civil Service, 1845 Google Books. Also known as Supplemental Glossary of Terms Used in the North Western Provinces.
- Memoirs on the History, Folk-Lore, and Distribution of the Races of the North Western Provinces of India; being an Amplified Edition of the Original Supplemental Glossary of India Terms by the late Henry M. Elliot 1869 Google Books Volume I, Volume II, Index
- Kutcherry technicalities, or, Vocabulary of law terms, as used in the moffusil courts N.W.P. by Patrick Carnegy 1853 Google Books
- A Glossary of Judicial and Revenue Terms: And of Useful Words Occurring in Official Documents Relating to the Administration of the Government of British India, from the Arabic, Persian, Hindustání, Sanskrit, Hindí, Bengálí, Uriya, Maráthi, Guazráthí, Telugu, Karnáta, Tamil, Malayálam, and Other Languages by Horace Hayman Wilson 1855 Google Books
- A Sanskrit-English Dictionary, etymologically and philologically arranged, with special reference to Greek, Latin, Gothic, German, Anglo-Saxon, and other cognate Indo-European languages by Monier Williams 1872 Archive.org
- A Sanskrit-English dictionary, based upon the St. Petersburg lexicons by Carl Cappeller. Published Strassburg 1891 Archive.org
- Ferozsons English to English and Urdu Dictionary Archive.org New edition. Undated.