Jump to navigation Jump to search
Historical books online
- Hobson-Jobson: being a glossary of Anglo-Indian colloquial words and phrases, and of kindred terms; etymological, historical, geographical, and discursive
- 1886 edition Archive.org
- New edition edited by William Crooke 1903 Archive.org
- Hobson Jobson Limited view in Google Books. Probably 1903 edition reprint.
- "Notes on Hobson-Jobson" by Prof S H Hodivala
- Page 141, page 169, page 207 The Indian Antiquary Vol. 58 1929
- Page 85, page 128, page 146, page 174, page 210 The Indian Antiquary Vol. 60 1931
- Page 31, page 91 The Indian Antiquary Vol. 61 1932. All Archive.org
Refer also section Find the meaning of words used in India in Miscellaneous tips
- Arthur Coke Burnell Dictionary of Indian Biography – archive.org
- Sir Henry Yule wikipedia
- Article "Linguistic gems from the jewel in the crown" by Christopher Howse 15 Jun 2013 The Telegraph, now archived. "'Hobson-Jobson’ is that rare delight – a dictionary that can be read for pleasure".