Earthquakes in India
The major earthquakes in India during the British period are detailed in
- 1819 Earthquake at Kutch
- 1897 Assam earthquake
- 1905 Kangra earthquake
- 1934 Bihar earthquake
- 1935 Quetta earthquake. Also mentions the large August 1931 earthquakes at Sharigh and Mach, in the area between the Bolan Pass and Quetta
- Earthquake Risk Profile Risk Reduction & Technical Capacity in the EAS Member Countries by Sudhir K Jain. nidm.gov.in, now archived. Presentation slides.
- "Historical Developments And Current Status of Earthquake Engineering in India" by Sudhir K. Jain Proceedings of the 12th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Auckland, New Zealand, 2000. nicee.org
- "Historical Developments in India Towards Seismic Safety and Lessons for Future" by Sudhir K. Jain The 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering October 12-17, 2008, Beijing, China. iitk.ac.in
- Some Historical Developments Towards Seismic Safety in India by Sudhir K Jain. Presentation slides. Pdf to download, afps-seisme.org, now archived, which depending on your browser, you may need to locate in your download folder. Possibly the presentation slides for the previous article.
- Introduction to Earthquake Engineering by Durgesh C. Rai, Department of Civil Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, now an archived page. May be slow to open.