Guilford Lindsey Molesworth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guilford Lindsey Molesworth (1828-1925)
For full biography see
- Grace’s Guide ‘Guilford Lindsey Molesworth’
- Wikipedia ‘Guilford Lindsey Molesworth’
- ‘Life of Sir Guilford L Molesworth KCIE ‘, biography by Guilford L Molesworth , London 1922; reproduced by ‘The Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture Library, presented by Dr Baridbaran Mukerji . Note Index on pages 209-214, pdf 229-234
Railway Achievements in India and Ceylon
The following extracted from Grace’s Guide 1925 Obituary .
- 1854, started practice in London as a consulting engineer
- 1859, left London for Ceylon, to take up all appointment as engineer and locomotive superintendent to the Ceylon Railway Company, then under construction.
- 1862, when the line was taken over by the Government, he was appointed Chief Engineer.
- 1866, became Director General of Railways and Director of Public Works to the Government of Ceylon
- 1871-88, State Railways, Consulting Engineer to the Government of India for State Railways .
- 1871-88, during his tenure of office, which extended to 1888, no less than 3,984 miles of railway were sanctioned, and 3,450 miles were opened
- 1879, 10 Feb ‘Railway Conference’, Calcutta. Delegate as Consulting Engineer to Govt. of India .
- 1880 , 6-13 Jan ‘Railway Conference’, Calcutta. Delegate as Consulting Engineer to Govt. of India .
- 1880-83, Attock Bridge Construction, Consultant Engineer in London . Consulting Engineer to the Indian State Railways  and supervised the provision of ironwork supplied by Westwood, Baillie and Co. of London .
- 1887, Khojak Rope Inclines, Consulting Engineer to Government, the designs and drawings having been first submitted to him for approval .
- Grace’s Guide ‘Guilford Lindsey Molesworth’; Retrieved 2 Apr 2020
- Grace's Guide "Guilford Lindsey Molesworth"; Retrieved 11 Jul 2016
- British Library ‘India Office Records L/PARL/2/100 “Railways in India for the year 1878-79” by Juland Danvers , Government Director of the Indian Railways’-– presented to both Houses of Parliament’ by HM Command. Extract from Annual Report 1878-79; Para 23 , page 10
- “Railways in India for the year 1880-81” by Juland Danvers , Government Director of the Indian Railways’- presented to both Houses of Parliament’ by HM Command. Extract from Annual Report 1880-81; Appendix D, page xxxiv, pdf 318
- Grace's Guide "Attock Bridge"; Retrieved 11 Jul 2016
- Wikipedia "Guilford Lindsey Molesworth"; Retrieved 11 Jul 2016
- Grace's Guide "Westwood, Baillie and Co."; Retrieved 11 Jul 2016
- ‘Minutes of the Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers’ Volume 112 Issue 1893, pp. 310-320 ‘The Khojak Rope-Inclines’ by W J Weightman ; Retrieved on 18 Nov 2020