|Altitude:||30 m (98 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|Southern Mahratta Railway|
Modern name: Guntur
- "Old Cemetery" at Guntoor, Hyderabad Residency.
- "Guntur" Wikipedia "(retrieved 4 May 2016)"
Historical books online
- "The District of Guntoor and Guntoor Town" A Geographical, Statistical, and Historical description of Hindostan, and the Adjacent Counties Volume 2, page 87 by Walter Hamilton 1820 Google Books
- "Guntur Town" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 12, page 389. "It was apparently founded in the second half of the eighteenth century by the French"
- In 1868 there were French merchants in Guntoor, descendants of families from the past century "The Total Solar Eclipse Of August 1868 Report of M. Janssen" A List Of Anniversaries Of Remarkable Astronomical Discoveries And Occurrences, page 107 by George Walker 1869 Google Books