Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1st Regiment of Hodson’s Horse - became 9th Bengal Lancers (Hodson's Horse)
- 2nd Regiment of Hodson’s Horse - became 10th Bengal Lancers (Hodson's Horse)
- 3rd Regiment of Hodson's Horse - disbanded 1861
- William Hodson Wikipedia
- Hodson's Ride to Chhibramau Wikipedia
- Hodson's Horse British Empire website
- Hodson's Horse - Charles Gough British Empire website
- Hodson's Horse - Hugh Gough British Empire website
- Obituary of Charles Chenevix Trench, c 1914 -2003 (telegraph.co.uk) He served as an Indian Army officer in the 1930s, commissioned into Hodson's Horse, and winning an MC during the Second World War . In 1946 he retired from the Army to follow his father into the Indian Political Service for the 18 months until Partition. His 19 books included three classic accounts of British India: The Indian Army and the King's Enemies, 1900-1947; The Frontier Scouts; and The Viceroy's Agent, all published in the 1980s and available at the British Library
Historical books online
- "Hodson’s Horse: An historical sketch of the 9th Bengal Cavalry" by Major Dudley Sampson, page 300 Colburn’s United Service Magazine 1878, Part III Archive.org
- Comments about Major Hodson page 116, Anecdotes and Reminiscences of Service in Bengal [by A. L. M. Phillips (Alfred Lisle March Phillips) 1878] Google Books. The author worked for the Bengal Civil Service.
- Hodson of Hodson's Horse, or, Twelve Years of a Soldier's Life in India by Major W S R Hodson 4th Edition 1883 (Archive.org)
- The Life of Hodson of Hodson's Horse by Captain Lionel James Trotter 1910 (Archive.org)
- Hodson’s Horse 1857-1922 by Major F G Cardew, 1928 is available in a reprint edition, which in turn is available online on the Ancestry owned pay website fold3 (located in World War II/Military Books/India).
- Old Memories by General Sir Hugh Gough 1897 Archive.org. 2nd digital file which lists the illustrations in the book. Both Archive.org. Gough was appointed to Hodson's Horse during the Indian Mutiny.
- Hodson’s Horse 1857-1922 Naval & Military Press reprint edition.