Jaipur State Railway
|Jaipur State Railway|
| [[Image:|150px| ]]|
|Line of route|
| Jaipur- Siwai Madhopur |
|Gauge / mileage|
|Metre gauge||73 miles (1907)|
108 miles (1916)
179 miles (after 1918)
|Stations||Jaipur, Siwai Madhopur , Reengus, Sikar , Jhunjhun|
|Owned and worked by Jaipur Durbar|
|Trafficed by Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway|
|1936||Reverted to by Jaipur Durbar|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Jaipur State Railway was a metre gauge(MG) railway constructed by the Jaipur Durbar and owned by the Princely Jaipur State. The railway was managed, stocked and worked by the Jaipur Durbar and trafficked by the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) for a specified fee. .
The mainline, known as the Jaipur-Sawai Madhopu Railway from Sanganer (in the south west suburbs of Jaipur) to Nawai , 32 miles, opened in 1905 and extended to Siwai Madhopur in 1907 giving a total line length of 73 miles to the south-east of Jaipur.
The Jaipur-Shaikhawati Railway was named on the ceremonial opening of the Jaipur West railway station, Nov 9th 1916 by the Viceroy, Lord Chelmsford  when the line was further extended to Reengus, a line of 108 miles(173km) from Jaipur to the north-west.
Further extensions from Reengus to Sikar and on to Jhunjhun, a further 71 miles to the north-north-west were authorised/under construction in 1918 . The date of opening of this section has not been determined.
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 29; Retrieved 27 Feb 2016
- "Opening of Jaipur Shaikawati Railway. Nov 9th 1916 Photo 448/10(5) to(17)"; Retrieved 27 Feb 2016
- Google Books "The Cat and the Lion: Jaipur State in the British Raj" by Robert W. Stern – page 251; Retrieved 27 Feb 2016
- "History of NWR - North Western Railway / Indian Railways"; Retrieved 27 Feb 2016