Madaya Light Railway
|Madaya Light Railway|
|Line of route|
|Mandalay to Madaya|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||8 miles (1912)|
16 miles (1917)
|1912||First section opened to traffic|
|1917||Line fully opened|
|1919||In voluntary liquidation|
|1923||Purchased by Government|
|1927||Line closed (replaced by metre gauge line)|
|Stations||Mandalay, Toungbyon, Madaya|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Madaya Light Railway (MLR) was a short 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line which operated for just 15 years in Burma.
Also known as Mandalay-Madaya Light Railway
The first section of the MLR was opened to traffic in 1912 and ran northwards for 8 miles from Mandalay to Toungbyon. !n 1917, the second (and final) section, also of 8 miles, was opened through to Madaya.  
The company went into voluntary liquidation in 1919 and was sold on privately. The Government of Burma bought the line in 1923 and made it over to Burma Railway.
The line finally closed in 1927 when it was replaced by a metre gauge railway.