Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Coordinates:||21.5830 °N, 96.50 °E|
|Present Day Details|
- Christ Church, Mandalay 1873. Church of England. 
Poisoning by servants
Mr. Lillywhite, telegraph-master, and his family were poisoned with arsenic by disgruntled servants c 1899, at Mandalay, which was reported in a newspaper, probably the Times of Burma, available at the British Library. 
- Mandalay Wikipedia
Historical books online
- "Mandalay City" Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 17, p. 138.
- "Mandalay", page 365 Report and Gazetteer of Burma, Native and British, Volume I by Major Douglas MacNeill 1883. seasiavisions.library.cornell.edu. Archive.org, Digital Library of India version.
- "Mandalay in 1878-1879: The Letters of James Alfred Colbeck" reprinted in SOAS Bulletin of Burma Research, Vol. 1, No. 2, Autumn 2003. Archive.org. James Alfred Colbeck was the mission priest for the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel , an Anglican missionary organisation. Originally from Letters from Mandalay, A Series of Letters For the Most Part Written From the Royal City of Mandalay During the Troublous Years of 1878-79; Together with Letters Written During the Last Burmese Campaign of 1885-88 (1892). Now available online, see following.
- "Mandalay in 1885-1888: The Letters of James Alfred Colbeck" Reprinted in SOAS Bulletin of Burma Research, Vol 2, No1, Spring 2004. Archive.org
- Letters from Mandalay, A Series of Letters For the Most Part Written From the Royal City of Mandalay During the Troublous Years of 1878-79; Together with Letters Written During the Last Burmese Campaign of 1885-88 by the late James Alfred Colbeck, edited by George H Colbeck 1892. Archive.org.
- "Mandalay City or Fort Dufferin" page 254 Wanderings in Burma by George W Bird 1897 Archive.org.
- "Snipe Shooting at Mandalay" by Lieutenant-Colonel W Watson Pike, page 318 Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps March 1907. jramc.bmj.com
- Burma Gazetteer Mandalay District Vol A 1928 Archive.org
- Burma Gazetteer: The Mandalay District Volume A probably the same edition. Transcription from Myanmar Law Library. Page 215 briefly mentions the Cantonment.