Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Altitude:||283 metres (928 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|State/Province:||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, old NWFP|
Churches and Missions
- Corps of Guides Chapel
- Brief History of the Lutheran Church Mardan St Paul’s built 1939 was burnt down by a mob in September 2012.
- Guides Cemetery - for some inscriptions see Images of graves in Mardan Cemetery .
- The QVO Corps of Guides Memorial Arch, also known as 'Cavagnari's Arch' after Sir Louis Cavagnari
Historical books online
- Mardan Town Imperial Gazetteer
- "Mardan" page 159 A list of inscriptions on Christian tombs or monuments in the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Kashmir and Afghanistan possessing historical or archaeological interest Part 1 by Miles Irving (1910) Hathi Trust Digital Library
- "Mardan" page 285, History of the Guides, 1846-1922, published 1938. HathiTrust Digital Library. Possibly not viewable in USA etc.