Mohmand Campaign 1935
There were two operations on the North West Frontier in 1935 carried out by the Nowshera Brigade, the Loe Agra Campaign and The Mohmand Campaign.
The Loe Agra Campaign was between 23 February and 13 April 1935.
The Mohmand Campaign was between 16 August and 15 October 1935.
- The Last Great Hero: The Extraordinary Life of Field Marshal Alexander who commanded the Nowshera Brigade along the North-West Frontier during both the Loe Agra Campaign February and the Mohmand Campaign (scroll down). By James Holland 8th December 2009, griffonmerlin.com
The Loe Agra Campaign.
- Newspaper article "British Official Killed In India: Clash Between Tribesmen And Troops" The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA) Monday 15 April 1935
- Listen to the 1977 interview with John Clabby, British officer served with Royal Army Veterinary Corps in India, 1933- 1947. Reel 3 includes "nature of operations at Loe Agra". Imperial War Museums. Interview 937.
- 2nd Mohmand Campaign 1935 Wikipedia 1935
- British military personnel of the 1935 Mohmand Campaign Wikipedia
- Army in India & Frontier Warfare 1914-1939 by Tim Moreman ( Khyber.org and originally from king-emperor.com) has a section "The Mohmand Campaign (Aug-Sep 1935)" (scroll down).
- Photographs: India 1930s 14th Corunna Field Battery taken by the father of Peter Bullous. Includes photographs at Ghalanai during the 1935 Mohmand Operations. Flickr.com. This Battery is now called 17 (Corunna) Battery and appears to have been in India until 1939.
- Listen to the 2000 interview with Jack Vardy, born 1913, British private (bandsman) served with 1st Bn Hampshire Regt in India 1929-1935. Reel 3 includes a short segment "acting as stretcher-bearer at Gallenoi, 1935". Imperial War Museums
Historical books online
- Official History Of Operations On The North-West Frontier Of India 1920-1935 is available in a reprint edition which in turn is available as part of an online book on the Ancestry owned pay website fold3.
- Official History Of Operations On The North-West Frontier Of India 1920-1935 Naval & Military Press
- Official History of Operations on the NW Frontier of India fold3 (located in World War2/Military books/India). Consists of 2 books.