Mymensingh-Bhairab Bazar Railway
The Company was acquired by the government in 1948–49 and the Assam Bengal Railway Company was in charge of the management of the line. There are two lines branching out of this line – a short Shyamganj-Jaria Janjail Line and a long Gouripur-Netrokona-Mohanganj Line. 
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/20/1675 “ Mymensingh-Bhairab Bazar Railway, Contract for construction, maintenance and working of a railway; 1922"
- L/F/8/20/1702 “ Mymensingh-Bhairab Bazar Railway Company Limited and Assam-Bengal Railway Company Limited, Contract for working, maintenance and management of the Mymensingh-Bhairab Bazar Railway. Plus addendum and corrigendum to contracts dated 7th November 1922; 1924"
- Wikipedia "Tongi–Bhairab–Akhaura line". Para. Bhairab Bazar–Kishoreganj–Gouripur–Mymensingh line; Retrieved 13 Dec 2015
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 155; Retrieved 9 Feb 2016
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved Jan 2016