Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mysore State was a Princely state whose capital was Mysore. The British administered the state between 1831 and 1881, and some areas, such as the Civil and Military Station at Bangalore remained under British administration after 1881.
Historical books online
- "Mysore State" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 18, pages 161-250
- The British administration between 1831 and 1881 Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 18, page 184.
- The Civil and Military Station at Bangalore was an Assigned Tract under British Administration Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 18, page 189.
- Report on the administration of Mysore for ... Google Books
- Mysore and Coorg : A gazetteer compiled for the government of India by Lewis Rice Archive.org
- Mysore: a Gazetteer compiled for Government Revised Edition
- Mysore gazetteer edited by C. Hayavadana Rao published 1927-1930 in 5 volumes (Volume 2 is in 4 parts) (total 8). Volume 1, Descriptive; Volume 2, Historical (in 4 Parts); Volume 3, Economic; Volume 4, Administrative; Volume 5, Gazetteer is available to read online on the Digital Library of India website. One volume is available on Archive.org Mysore Gazetteer Volume 2 Part 4:Historical, Modern Period c 1930
- Gold. Sport and Coffee Planting in Mysore by Robert H Elliott (2009) – original copyright 1898. Limited Preview, Google Books. Full version, Project Gutenburg on Archive.org