The Nadiad-Kapadvanj Railway was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) line, opened in 1913, a length of 28 miles(45km) and linked Kapadvanj to the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway (BB&CIR) station at Nadiad.
An Agreement was signed 30 Apr 1914 between the Secretary of State for India and Killick, Nixon & Company of Bombay with partners Lowther Robert Windham Frorest, Sir Henry Edward Eddleston Procter, Thomas William Berkett, Walter Henry Ogston and Harold Percival Hebblethwaite. The Company shall construct, complete and make ready and fit for opening for public traffic throughout on a route to be selected and determined by the Secretary of State, a railway, from the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway Station at Nadiad to Kapadvani; and a railway from the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway Station at Godhra to Lunavada 
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/17/1360 “Nadiad-Kapadvanj and Godhralunavada Railways, Agreement and indenture; 1914" (Note Catalogue typo error Godhra-Lunavada is the correct spelling)
- " Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 235; Retrieved 16 Feb 2018
- British Library ‘India Office Records’ F/8/17 (1360) “Nadiad-Kapadvanj and Godhralunavada Railways, Agreement and indenture; 1914
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved Jan 2016