Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway
The Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway (NCR) was a metre gauge(MG) line. The full name was the ‘Nagpur-Chhattisgarh Provincial State Railway’ and also known as Chhattisgarh State Railway, owned by the Provincial Government and worked as part of the Indian State Railways. The Nagpur-Rajnandgaon Railway track, which extended from Nagpur to Rajnandgaon passed through Tumsar, Gondia and Dongargarh and opened in stages from 1880 to 1883. 
The Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway was, in 1887, absorbed by the Bengal-Nagpur Railway(BNR), a company incorporated in 1887; thus marked the beginning of BNR. The conversion of the line to broad gauge(BG) was completed by 1891 .
Motibagh Workshop, Nagpur
This workshop was originally set up by the Nagpur Chattisgarh Railway in 1879 to service its metre gauge stock. It was later taken over by the Bengal Nagpur Railway(BNR) in 1887 see separate page - BNR Railway Workshops .
- John Edwin Dallas from the Public Works Department was, in 1876, posted to the Survey of the Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway.
- Cornelius Edward Cardew 1876, appointed to Indian State Railways, Locomotive Department. Served for over thirty years being posted to Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway and other railways 
Prior to 1887 see Nagpur-Rajnandgaon Railway, then after 1887 see Bengal-Nagpur Railway
- ↑ “South-Eastern Railway Notes” footnote 1, page 2 by Hugh Scholey; Retrieved 26 May 2016
- ↑ Website of SE Railway India "History of Nagpur Division - Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway" paragraph 1.1; Retrieved 26 May 2016
- ↑ Indian Railways Fan Club 'Motibagh Workshop, Nagpur'; Retrieved 2 Mar 2020
- ↑ Google Books "India Office List 1905" page 420,pdf page 457 Retrieved on 25 Jul 2016