Cornelius Edward Cardew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cornelius Edward Cardew (1851-1921)
Locomotive and Carriage Superintendent, State Railways Establishment, Public Works Department, Government of India .
- 1876, appointed to Indian State Railways, Locomotive Department , where he served thirty years, attaining the rank of locomotive superintendent .
- Served on Rajputana State Railway; Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway; Rajputana-Malwa State Railway; and others, Burma Railway (see below) and others .
- The latter part of his service was spent on the Burma State Railway, where, as Lieut.-Colonel, he commanded the Burma Railway Volunteers.
- 1884-5, While on leave in England he was employed at the Gloucester Wagon Works as inspector of rolling stock for the Indian State Railways ...
- 1892, Indian Railway Conference Association, Lahore. 'Locomotive Superintendents Conference' delegate representing Burma Railway .
- 1906, Retired .
- Grace's Guide "Cornelius Edward Cardew" Retrieved on 22 Jul 2016
- Google Books "India Office List 1905" page 420,pdf page 457 Retrieved on 22 Jul 2016
- The Locomotive Magazine and Railway Carriage and Wagon Review "Indian locomotive superintendents of the nineties", Volume 31, Number 393, 15 May 1925, page 133+ plate; Retrieved 22 Jul 2016