The Nasik Tramway opened in 1889 as a horse drawn tramway in Nasik connecting the town centre with the Nasik Road railway station, a distance of 5 miles (8km).
The Imperial Gazetteer of India 1908, remarks ‘the Nasik Tramway, owned by a private company, with a capital of one lakh, runs between Nasik Road station on the Great Indian Peninsula Railway (GIPR) and Nasik town. It conveys on an average 150,000 passengers a year over a length of 5 miles. Owing to successive years of famine and plague it has so far run at a loss... the line is drawn by horses and the Tramway is not guaranteed in any form' .
The tramway closed in 1931-33
This tramway was constructed in 1889 to a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG). The consulting engineer was Everard Richard Calthrop, who later achieved renown with the Barsi Light Railway. Originally, the tramway used two carriages pulled by four horses. It originated from what is now the Old Municipal Corporation building located on Main Road, and terminated at the Nashik Road railway station (a distance of around 8–10 km). The stretch between Nashik and Nashik Road was covered with dense jungle; the only mode of transport from the station to the city was by horse-drawn carriage or one of two taxis. The tramway closed down between 1931 and 1933 
- “Imperial Gazetteer of India”, v. 8, p. 332; 1908"; Retrieved 27 Aug 2016
- Wikipedia "Tram Transport In India"; Retrieved 27 Aug 2016