Nepal Government Railway
The Nepal Government Railway was constructed in 1923, a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) railway constructed by J. V. Collier of the Indian Forest Service to transport Nepalese timber to India. Collier had been assigned by Nepal's Rana prime minister to manage the forest department in Nepal. 
In the winter of 1924, Martin's Light Railways and Co. of Calcutta conducted a survey to construct a light railway from Raxaul in India on the border north to Amlekhganj (in Nepal, about 60km south of Kathmandu).
Construction began in March 1926, and the Nepal Government Railway opened on 16 February 1927
The Nepal Government Railway remained in service till 1965 when the construction of a modern highway linking the southern border made it redundant.
- L/PS/11/147, P 682/1818; “Nepal: railway schemes”; 9 Dec 1918-21 May 1926
- Wikipedia "Nepal Government Railway"; Retrieved 13 Dec 2015
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 10 Apr 2016