Ranaghat-Krishnagar Light Railway
The line included the 'Santipur-Krishnager Light Railway' Section of the Santipur-Nabadwip Light Railway, a 12 mile section which had opened in 1898, also constructed by Martin's Light Railways Company, which ran via Krishnagar and was fully opened in 1899
In 1904 the line was taken over by the state and the railway became part of the NG network of Eastern Bengal Railway(EBR)
The line now is part of the Indian Railways ‘Kolkata Suburban Railway - Naihati Section’ and named the ‘Shantipur Jn -Krishnanager City Jn – Nabadwip Ghat Line’. The line has been converted to broad gauge(BG) and electrified .
See Martin's Light Railways up to 1904,
- “Administration Report on Railways 1918” page48-49, pdf page 56; Retrieved 22 Nov 2016
- Wikipedia "Kolkata Suburban Railway"; Retrieved 22 Nov 2016