|Altitude:||91 m (299 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|East Indian Railway|
|See our interactive map of this location showing|
places of interest during the British period
Raniganj was a town in the Asansol subdivision of Burdwan District of the Bengal Districts during the British period.
The railway line to Raniganj was opened early in 1855.
Raniganj was also the location of a cantonment c 1863.
Modern name: Raniganj
- Raniganj Wikipedia (retrieved 11 June 2016)
Historical books online
- Raniganj Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 21, page 233.
- Raneegunge page 357 Report of the Commissioners Appointed to Inquire into the Sanitary State of the Army in India : with Abstract of Evidence, and of Reports Received from Indian Military Stations 1864 Archive.org
- History Of The East Indian Railway by G Huddleston, Chief Superintendent, E I Ry. 1906 Archive.org.
- Page 15, History Of The East Indian Railway by G Huddleston, refer above.