Major-General Robert Clive, 1st Baron Clive, KB (1725–1774), also known as Clive of India was a key figure in the creation of British India. He was a successful commander against the French and the Nawab of Bengal in the Carnatic Wars and the third Commander-in-Chief in India.
Historical books online
- The East India military calendar, Volume 2 by John Philippart 1824 The late Major-General Robert, Lord Clive (Google Books)
- The life of Robert, Lord Clive: collected from the family papers communicated by the Earl of Powis by Major-General Sir John Malcolm GCB FRS 1836 Volume I,Volume II, Volume III (archive.org)
- The Life of Robert, first Lord Clive by the Rev. G. R. Gleig 1848 (archive.org)
- Macaulay's essay on Lord Clive with an historical map, historical notes, and a sketch of Macaulay's life by D. H. M. 1891 (archive.org)
- Sketches of rulers of India Vol II by G. D. Oswell 1908 Lord Clive (archive.org)
- Master of Bengal : Clive and his India by Percival Spear 1975. Archive.org Lending Library.