South Behar Railway
The railway was privately owned by the South Behar Railway Company and was leased to the State to be worked as part of the East Indian Railway(EIR) network. The railway was taken over by the Government of India(GoI) in 1906
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives several references. The most important being:-
- L/AG/46/37 “Records of the India Office relating to the South Behar Railway Company; 1895-1906” with Catalogue remark ‘Company formed in 1895. Line ran south west from Luckeeserai in Monghyr District to Gaya, a distance of some 79 miles. Run by the East Indian Railway Company. Taken over by Government in 1906’.
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 28 Jan 2016