St Thomas' Mount
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|St Thomas' Mount|
|Altitude:||11 m (34 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|Place Name:||St. Thomas Mount|
- FIBIS database: St. Thomas’ Mount Portuguese Mission Church: Transcription of Baptism Registers 1751 – 1880
- "The Headquarters of the Madras Artillery at Saint Thomas’s Mount" by Peter Bailey FIBIS Journal Number 10 (Autumn 2003). FIBIS members may read this article online.
- St. Thomas Mount Wikipedia (retrieved 8 May 2016)
- The CSI Wesley English Church at the foot of St. Thomas Mount (once known as the Wesleyan Chapel)
- Church of Our Lady of Expectations also known as the Church of our Lady of the Mount, or Mount St Thomas Church
- "View from a few floors above" by Sudhish Kamath July 17, 2012 Chennai The Hindu
- "Man who mapped India sits forgotten under tree" by M T Saju June 10, 2013 Times of India. William Lambton, a British soldier and geographer launched his work for the Great Trigonometrical Survey on top of St Thomas Mount.
- RAF St Thomas Mount rafweb.org (retrieved 1 July 2014)
Historical books online
- "Saint Thomas’s Mount" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 21, page 387.
- St Thomas’ Mount in 1798-1799 is briefly mentioned on page 99 and page 112 A Voyage To India by Rev James Cordiner 1820 Google Books .
- St. Thomas’s Mount page 42 The Edinburgh Medical and Surgical Journal Volume 68 1847 Google Books The cantonment was classified as one of the "Stations on the sea coast"
- St. Thomas’ Mount page 407 Report of the Commissioners Appointed to Inquire into the Sanitary State of the Army in India : with Abstract of Evidence, and of Reports Received from Indian Military Stations 1864 Archive.org
- St. Thomas’, St. Thomas’ Mount, page 279, The Church in Madras : being the History of the Ecclesiastical and Missionary Action of the East India Company in the Presidency of Madras: Volume 2 : 1805 to 1835 by Rev Frank Penny 1904 Archive.org