The line connected Tirupattur to Krishnagiri, a length of 25 miles(40km) and opened in 1905. "The line was the property of Government, on whose behalf it was worked by the former Madras Railway(MR) Company up to 31st December 1907. With effect from 1st January 1908 it was made over to the South Indian Railway(SIR) Company for maintenance and working 
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/16/1147 “ Madras Railway Company, Contract for construction and working of famine protection lines from Morappur to Dharmapuri and from Tripatur to Krishnagiri; 1904"