Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1894 raised as the local militia in the North Waziristan Agency
- "Scouting On The Afghan Frontier" by Leonard Richards November 1, 2002 Legion Magazine, Canada. Memories of 1944-46 . The author was with the Tochi Scouts at Dosalli Post and later with the Zhob Militia in Baluchistan, at Left wing’s headquarters at Sambaza, and Fort Sandeman, the headquarters.
- "Guardians of the Frontier" KPK Tribune, now archived.
- The Tochi Scouts Khyber.org, now an archived webpage
- History of the Frontier Corps Khyber.org
- "Tochi Valley Operation: Waziristan 1914-15. The North Waziristan Militia in action on the North-West Frontier" by Harry Fecitt. Harry's Sideshows. kaiserscross.com
- Obituary: John Prendergast 1910-2008 The Telegraph 03 March 2008, archived. He was awarded the Military Cross when serving with the Tochi Scouts (North Waziristan Transborder Armed Police) in May 1937. He was later awarded a DSO for the Burma Campaign. His books include an autobiography Prender’s Progress: a soldier in India, 1931-47, published 1979, available at the British Library, UIN: BLL01009394176
Historical books online
- The Frontier Scouts by Charles Chenevix Trench 1985. Link to a pdf download, PAHAR - Mountains of Central Asia Digital Dataset (MCADD). If the download button does not display, locate under Books/Indian Subcontinent/1985. Also available Archive.org Books to Borrow/Lending Library.
- Tochi Scouts page 15 India in 1930-1931 Archive.org
- The Great Wall of India by Ian Hay [John Hay Beith] 1933. Archive.org. The author visited a friend at Chashmai Fort. This is probably a fictional name. The friend worked for an unnamed Frontier Corps or similar. "Best guess" is Tochi Scouts, based at Miranshah.
- Royal Engineers Journals 1939-1945 is a Searchable database available on the pay website Findmypast, located in the category Armed Forces & Conflict/Second World War. The Journals appear to have been published quarterly in March, June, September and December.
- "Fortified post for Tochi Scouts at Biche Kashkai and Ghariom" page 542 December 1939 image 67 Findmypast link, need to be signed in to Fmp.
- Page 313 A Concise History of Afghanistan in 25 Volumes, Volume 1 by Hamid Wahed Alikuzai Google Books
- An Illustrated History of North Waziristan Militia & Tochi Scouts 1895- 2012 by Major Aamir Mushtaq Cheema c 2012. Archive.org.
- Full Moon At Miranshah: A Military Historian Journal, 2012 by Major Aamir Mushtaq Cheema. The story of writing the history of the Tochi Scouts May-December 2012. Archive.org.