Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1894 raised as the local militia in the North Waziristan Agency
- "Scouting On The Afghan Frontier" by Leonard Richards November 1, 2002 Legion Magazine, Canada. Memories of 1944-46 . The author was with the Tochi Scouts at Dosalli Post and later with the Zhob Militia in Baluchistan, at Left wing’s headquarters at Sambaza, and Fort Sandeman, the headquarters.
- "Guardians of the Frontier" KPK Tribune, now archived.
- The Tochi Scouts Khyber.org, now an archived webpage
- History of the Frontier Corps Khyber.org
- "Tochi Valley Operation: Waziristan 1914-15. The North Waziristan Militia in action on the North-West Frontier" by Harry Fecitt. Harry's Sideshows. kaiserscross.com
- Obituary: John Prendergast 1910-2008 The Telegraph 03 March 2008. He was awarded the Military Cross when serving with the Tochi Scouts (North Waziristan Transborder Armed Police) in May 1937. He was later awarded a DSO for the Burma Campaign. His books include an autobiography Prender’s Progress: a soldier in India, 1931-47, available at the British Library
Historical books online
- The Frontier Scouts by Charles Chenevix Trench 1985. Link to a pdf download, PAHAR - Mountains of Central Asia Digital Dataset (MCADD). If the download button does not display, locate under Books/Indian Subcontinent/1985. Also available Archive.org Books to Borrow/Lending Library.
- Tochi Scouts page 15 India in 1930-1931 Archive.org
- The Great Wall of India by Ian Hay [John Hay Beith] 1933. Archive.org. The author visited a friend at Chashmai Fort. This is probably a fictional name. The friend worked for an unnamed Frontier Corps or similar. "Best guess" is Tochi Scouts, based at Miranshah.
- Royal Engineers Journals 1939-1945 is a Searchable database available on the pay website Findmypast, located in the category Armed Forces & Conflict/Second World War. The Journals appear to have been published quarterly in March, June, September and December.
- "Fortified post for Tochi Scouts at Biche Kashkai and Ghariom" page 542 December 1939 image 67 Findmypast link, need to be signed in to Fmp.
- Page 313 A Concise History of Afghanistan in 25 Volumes, Volume 1 by Hamid Wahed Alikuzai Google Books
- An Illustrated History of North Waziristan Militia & Tochi Scouts 1895- 2012 by Major Aamir Mushtaq Cheema c 2012. Archive.org.
- Full Moon At Miranshah: A Military Historian Journal, 2012 by Major Aamir Mushtaq Cheema. The story of writing the history of the Tochi Scouts May-December 2012. Archive.org.